OCHEART is working to expand our Team capability for using Winlink as a tool to transmit forms and medical information while deployed.
These training classes are designed to help get you started with Winlink and then to become a capable Winlink operator.
There are a few steps in this process, including:
- Installing Winlink on your computer (don’t worry, it’s free)
- Sending a basic message to another station or tactical like OCHEART via the Internet.
- Getting to know the the Winlink application and customizing the settings based on your preferences.
- Sending a built in HICS or ICS form to another station or tactical like OCHEART via the Internet
- Reading and replying to messages you have received.
- Determining the easiest way to connect your radio to the computer running Winlink.
- Sending a built in HICS or ICS form to another station or tactical like OCHEART via your radio
OCHEART member Scott MacGillivray expertly walks us through each of these steps and builds your confidence in using Winlink.
We encourage you to at least install Winlink on your computer and send Winlink messages every week to OCHEART. It requires very little time to send a message and the more often you practice, the easier the process becomes.